Selcuk Yaşar Sports and Education Foundation decided to establish Yaşar University in 1999, as a modern university in the city of Izmir. The Turkish National Assembly approved the creation of the university on 29 March 2001. Education started within its Alsancak premises in the academic year of 2002-2003. The Selçuk Yaşar Bornova Campus was opened in 2008
- Yasar prides itself of its international reputation gained through CEA accreditation, award-winning student mobility programmes and collaboration with International universities for student exchange
- Yasar offers generous range of International scholarships based on past Academic performance, Merit standing at Yasar, and Skills (sports / music)
- Over 6200+ students from 45+ nationalities provide a unique multicultural learning experience
- Opportunities to study abroad at European Universities for a semester through Erasmus and ISEP Global Exchange programmes
- The university is located in Izmir which is a vibrant city on a scenic Aegean coastline making it a popular travel destination. Izmir has a laid-back atmosphere and much lower cost of living compared to other popular study destinations in Europe, UK & US.