Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is a young, independent university based in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China. Founded in 2006 and resulting from a partnership between the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University, it is the first Sino-British joint venture between research led universities, exploring new educational models for China. The University primarily focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering, Architecture and Business with a secondary focus in English, recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education as a “not for profit” educational institution. Students are rewarded with a University of Liverpool degree as well as a degree from XJTLU. The teaching language is English.
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is a pioneering international university based in the World Heritage city of Suzhou, near Shanghai on China’s east coast
- It was jointly founded by two prestigious universities, Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in UK
- XJTLU offers 33 bachelors and 29 masters programmes which are taught in English by world-class international faculty from over 50 countries
- All full-time students get a degree awarded by the University of Liverpool, bachelor students one additional from the Chinese Ministry of Education
- Tuition fees are very competitive compared with other UK degrees, scholarships of up to 50% are available for all full-time degree programmes