University of Bath
The University of Bath is a public university located in Bath, Somerset, United Kingdom. It received its Royal Charter in 1966 and can trace its roots to a technical school established in Bristol in 1856.
According to The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2015 the University of Bath is the best university in the UK for student experience.In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014 the university was awarded the title of “Best Campus University in Britain”.Bath was awarded the title of ‘University of the Year 2011/12’.In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 32% of Bath’s submitted research activity achieved the highest possible classification of 4*, defined as world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour. 87% was graded 4*/3*, defined as world-leading/internationally excellent.
- Ranked first for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS)
- A campus university only one mile from the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath
- A medium-sized and safe university with a friendly and collegial feel
- Offers courses with sandwich placements and study abroad opportunities
- 60% of our students undertake a work placement as part of their degree
- 30% are international students, from over 100 countries