Redeemer University College
Redeemer University College is an undergraduate Christian liberal arts and science university located in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 1982, Redeemer stands in the Reformed Tradition and offers Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education, and Bachelor of Science degrees.
The college opened in 1982 as ‘Redeemer College’, with 97 full-time and 63 part-time students. This number grew to about 250 for the 1985-86 academic year, the final year classes met in facilities rented from the Board of Education of the City of Hamilton. In 1985 the college purchased 78 acres of land in Ancaster, Ontario for the construction of a new campus. The college occupied the new facilities in August 1986, and welcomed 279 full-time students in September. In November, 1986, the college held its first graduation, with 40 students graduating.
- university is known for providing quality liberal arts and sciences education
- Has excellent student to faculty ratio of 16:1
- Provides wide range of financial aid options such as scholarships, bursaries, on-campus employment, government assistance programs
- University’s mission is to provide Christ-centred teaching, research and service to the wider community
- Average class size of 24 students