People’s Friendship University of Russia
The Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia is an educational and research institution located in southern Moscow. It is ranked by the Ministry of Education of Russia as the country’s third-best university after Moscow State University and Saint Petersburg State University. The institution was founded in 1960 as the Peoples’ Friendship University Its stated objective during the height of the Cold War was to help developing nations, mainly in Asia, Africa and South America, by providing higher education and professional training. Many students from developed countries also attended the university.
- The University is one of the leading state higher educational institutions of Russia
- It is the only university in the world every year uniting students from 145-150 countries
- It has a multiprofile structure of faculties and majors, typical for classical universities of the world
- More than 77 thousand graduates of the University work in 170 countries, among them more than 5500 holders of PhD and Doctorate degrees
- More than 29 thousand graduate and postgraduate students from 140 countries are currently studying at the university, they represent more than 450 nations and nationalities of the world