Murdoch University is a public university in Perth, Western Australia, with campuses also in Singapore and Dubai. It began operations as the state’s second university in 1973, and accepted its first undergraduate students in 1975. Its name is taken from Sir Walter Murdoch (1874–1970), the Founding Professor of English and former Chancellor of the University of Western Australia.
Murdoch is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities.
- Ranked within the top 301–350 universities worldwide Times Higher Education Supplement
- Research intensive institution and a member of Innovative Research Universities Australia (IRU Australia)
- Latest facilities and equipment for best practical experience
- 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from across 90 different countries
- More than 3,000 international students from over 100 countries