Kuhne Logistics University
Kuehne Logistics University – Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Logistik und Unternehmensführung (KLU) is a private, state-recognized university based in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded by the Kühne Stiftung (Kuehne Foundation) which is based in Schindellegi, Switzerland. The contracting body is the Kühne Logistics University GmbH. The non-profit foundation supports education and further education as well as research and science in transport and logistics. KLU comprises two departments: “Logistics” and “Management and Economics”, and it spans the whole gamut of university education and executive education, from bachelor’s degrees and two master’s programs to the structured PhD program. KLU is located at Hamburg’s HafenCity area and its classes are taught in English.
- University offers a broad spectrum of courses and research in logistics, supply chain and business management
- Ranks among the top universities (2012 Handelsblatt research ranking of business administration faculties in Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
- Ranked among the top universities within a field of over 120 institutions
- University is in seventh place – on a par with long-established faculties such as those at the universities of Mannheim, Munich, and Cologne
- True international university where an international faculty teaches an international student body and publishes its research in English