Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology (Dutch: Technische Universiteit Delft also known as TU Delft, is the largest and oldest Dutch public technological university, located in Delft, Netherlands. With eight faculties and numerous research institutes, it hosts over 19,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), more than 3,300 scientists, and more than 2,200 support and management staff.
The university was established on 8 January 1842 by King William II of the Netherlands as a Royal Academy, with the main purpose of training civil servants for the Dutch East Indies. The school rapidly expanded its research and education curriculum, becoming first a Polytechnic School in 1864, Institute of Technology in 1905, gaining full university rights, and finally changing its name to Delft University of Technology in 1986.
- TU Delft has numerous contacts with governments, trade associations, consultancies, industry and small and medium-sized companies
- The highest governing board at TU Delft is the Executive Board, which is responsible for governing and managing the university
- The college has many established faculties and staff memebers