Brescia University College
Brescia University College is the only university-level women’s college in Canada. Brescia was founded in 1919 as Ursuline College by the Ursulines. It was originally located at 556 Wellington Street London, Ontario. It was founded as a Roman Catholic affiliate of the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario.From the beginning, the graduates have always received University of Western Ontario degrees.The Ursuline Sisters named the Roman Catholic college after the Italian city of Brescia where their religious institute was founded. The first class was of seven young women.Construction at the present location (1285 Western Road London, Ontario) began in 1923. Brescia Hall was the first building and was built by contractor Joseph Michael Piggot. Brescia Hall was renamed “Ursuline Hall”. Ursuline College was renamed “Brescia College” in 1963, and in 2001 renamed “Brescia University College”.
- Brescia is Canada’s only women’s university
- Excellent Student/Faculty ratio of 14:1
- 960 full-time students; 145 part-time are already enrolled
- Affiliated with Western University, the third-largest university in the province
- Provides endless opportunities to enhance leadership skills