Lugansk State Medical University
Lugansk State Medical University (Луганський державний медичний університет) was founded in 1956 in Luhansk, Ukraine. Initially known as Voroshilovgrad State Medical Institute (Ворошиловградский государственный медицинский институт), it received university status in 1994. In 1979 the then institute began offering postgraduate training, and from 1983 it began training foreign students in paediatrics, recruiting students from Middle Eastern countries (Iran, Iraq); Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco); and Asia (India, Malaysia, Singapore). In 1998 the university also opened schools of pharmacy and dentistry. The university has three academic buildings with scientific laboratories, a pharmacy, a dental clinic, a library and a fitness centre, and it has operated a number of clinics in Luhansk’s various medical institutions.
- 400 teachers, among them 63 doctors of sciences, 273 candidates of sciences
- Prepares specialists in 172 medical specialities
- 2500 foreign students from 60 countries
- High-quality education at affordable fees